How to Order at a Restaurant

How to Order at a Restaurant

Hello and welcome to this lesson. 
Today you will learn how to order a meal in a restaurant and how to talk about food in an easy and simple way. Let's get started.
Please read the following dialogues carefully:



Before the Meal


Waiter:    What would you like for dinner,sir?
You:        I'd like the steak.
Waiter:    And what would you like to drink?
You:        I'd like a cup of coffee, please.
Waiter:    And for you, sir?
A friend:  I'll take the spaghetti and a salad.
Waiter:    And what would you like to drink?
A friend:  Just water, please.
Waiter:    Right away.

Remarks:

What would you like? = May I take your order? = Are you ready to order?



After the Meal


Waiter:  Would you like something for dessert, sir?
You:      Yes, I'll have the cake, please.
Waiter:  Would you like something else?
You:      No, thanks. I'm full.


Menu Items Example:

Appetizers:  Shrimp Cocktail, Tomato Salad, Vegetable Soup, ...........
Entrees:  Steak, Fish, Chicken, Spaghetti, Pizza, ..........
Side Orders:  French Fries, Corn, Broccoli, Vegetables, ..........
Desserts:  Ice Cream, Cake, Pie, ..........
Beverages:  Tea, Coffee, Orange Juice, ...........


I hope you found this post helpful. If you have any questions, please leave your comment below. Thanks.            

Post a Comment

0 Comments