Job Interview Questions and Answers Part (9). Reasons for Leaving a Previous Job

Job Interview Questions and Answers Part (9). Reasons for Leaving a Previous Job
Hello everybody.
In this part you will learn how to answer one of the most tricky interview questions. It's a kind of trap questions that usually asked in interview. But don't worry, in this lesson you'll find some examples that show you the ideal possible answers for such a question.
Please, imagine yourself in a real interview and repeat the questions and answers until you master them.
Please, study the following dialogues carefully:


Reasons for Leaving a Previous Job


Example 1

HR:   Why did you leave your previous job?
You:  My company was downsizing because of the economy, so I was laid off. Other people had been there for over ten years and I had only been there for two. So, I was laid off first.

Example 2

HR:   What are the reasons for leaving your last job?
You:  They cut my hours. I wanted to work full-time, but they only wanted part-time workers. 

Example 3

HR:   Why are you looking for another job?
You:  There is no growth potential at my current job. I would like to work for a company that has more room to grow. 

 Example 4

HR:   Could you tell me why you've decided to leave your current job?   
You:  Well, there're problems inside the company. Some of the managers do not agree with the company policies. 
HR:   Can you be more specific?  
You:  Yes, the company does not want to allow foreign investment and management, but some of us disagree  

Example 5   

HR:   Why did you resign from your previous position?
You:  My company was opening branches in other parts of the country. My boss told me I had to transfer. I couldn't move, so, I had to resign.


I hope you found this lesson helpful. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. See you in the next lesson. Thanks.

Post a Comment

0 Comments