Job Interview Questions and Answers Part (4). Previous Job Experience

Job Interview Questions and Answers Part (4). Previous Job Experience
Hi everybody.
In this part you will learn how to talk about your previous job experience and how to make that a strong point at your interview.
Please, imagine yourself in a real interview and repeat the questions and answers until you master them.
Please, study the following dialogues carefully:


Previous Job Experience


Example 1

HR:   Can you tell me about your previous job experience, please?
You:  Sure, while I studied at university I worked as an intern at Avery Publishing. I worked in the main office. After I graduated I I worked in the same place full time. I worked in administration at the main office. I was there for 5 years.
HR:   Tell me about your experience there.
You:  Well, as an office intern I just helped with office support. When I became full-time, I was an administration assistant. I helped my boss with his projects.
HR:   How did you like the company?
You:  I liked the company very much. The people were very nice and we all work together very well. 


Example 2

HR:   Please, tell me about your previous job experience.
You:  Yes, I've been a secretary for 10 years now. I first started in 2009 with Johnson & Johnson. I worked with them for 6 years. I left when I got married and we moved to Denver. Then I worked with United Parcel Services for 4 years.
HR:   Has your experience been good?
You:  Yes, I've learned a lot about management and develop my job skills.

Example 3

HR:   Could you please describe your previous job experience?
You:  Yes, I graduated from university in 2010 and started working for Dormero. I've been with them up until now.
HR:   Why are you leaving?
You:  I'm looking for a job with more responsibility and flexibility.
HR:   Were you ever promoted?
You:  Yes, twice.
HR:   And, how would you describe your experience there?
You:  It was a good experience. The people were great, the benefits were good. But I still looking for better prospects. 

Example 4

HR:   Please tell me about your previous work experience.
You:  Well, I've been working in sales and marketing for 3 years now. The first company that I worked for Mediaware went out of business after I was there just one year. I then worked for Universal Systems for 2 years and have just been laid off.

Example 5

HR:   Can you tell me about your past work history please?
You:  Yes, while I was studying at university, I volunteered at my local hospital. After I graduated I worked for Saint Andrews hospital for about 3 years as a nurse. After that I worked in hospital administration with UCSF and I've been there until now.


I hope you found this lesson helpful. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. See you in the next lesson. Thanks.


Post a Comment

0 Comments